Colored hair demands little extra care to stay fit and beautiful. You should ideally follow a hair care regime that is appropriate for colored hair as it gets dry and rough after the chemical procedure. If your follow the right care routine, your color stays longer and healthier. We are giving you some simple tips that you can follow after your hair coloring treatment:
1. Wash after 2 days – Do not wash your hair at home immediately after a hair color treatment. This will strip off some color and hair will start looking dull.
2. Visit a Salon – Color is a chemical hair treatment, doing it at home without a proper training can damage your hair. Products that are used by professionals are also different, so it is good to visit a salon for your coloring treatment for best results.
3. Preconditioning – This will help your hair stay soft and hydrated. Apply oil on hair lengths for 5 minutes before washing daily.
4. Hair Spa – Hair gets dry & rough after chemical styling treatments, getting a hair spa treatment once a month is very healthy for your color treated hair.
5. No Hot Water – Use cool to cold water only after hair coloring. Hot water will fade off your color with washes.
6. Leave-In conditioner – Using a leave-in conditioner (hair serum) after washing is good to protect hair from dryness.
7. Use a Normal Shampoo – Do not waste time and money on expensive post color products, a normal shampoo with preconditioning is good enough.
8. Do not skip the Trim – It is essential to trim your hair every 8-10 weeks after coloring to avoid dryness and split ends as color makes hair dry.
9. Avoid Chlorine Water – Wear a shower cap if you are planning a swim. Chlorine in the pool water fades off color faster and makes it very dry.
10. Do not Color frequently – Avoid coloring your hair frequently. A gap of at least 30 days is important to keep hair healthy. Over coloring can damage it completely.
Hair coloring is very common these days but post color care is something that not many people know or follow. Never ignore your hair after a chemical treatment like color. Follow the above steps and keep your hair fit & beautiful.
Views expressed above are the author’s own.
END OF ARTICLE